Another try?

Please believe me when I tell you I am trying, for you, I am trying every day to be better.

I’m learning to love myself so that when you hold my face between your hands and whisper that you love me, I believe it.

I am using every ounce of my strength to accept that I am worthy. That you won’t grow tired of battling with my insecurities or worse still, that you won’t wake up one day and see all of the things I dislike about myself.

I am trying to accept that I deserve someone like you.

So please don’t give up on me, not just yet. Keep making me feel like I am fixable, like I am not completely broken. Because with you, it makes sense, this fucked up world.
And with your hand inside mine, I don’t feel so terrified of it, of myself, of my reflection.

But the one thing I am terrified of, the one thing which sucks the air from my lungs and makes me ache in places I didn’t even know I could ache, is the thought of losing you.
Of being too broken and too impossible.
Because I can’t lose you.
I won’t survive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Content to be read in a loop.

What if.